This is a blog giving away good songs on a day to day basis.

All songs are good and worth listening to

maybe even multiple times.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Parallel or Together?

Ted Leo and the Pharmacists
Parallel or Together?

We're caught in a landslide
The minutes come tumbling down
And into an hour's time
Within which a day's worth of work
Must be planned out and pan out
For every week to be worth
The weekends of downtime
And months of ennui that kills
And years of resentment
Of everyone's contentment, and you
Can't justify it, still

I tell you my reasons
You don't tell me your inside jokes
Until I've gone bitter on
Every word that you've spoken
And all of your kind words
Amounting to naught but a token
And all their inaction
Will tumble away with the days
And nights of together
As we're really not together at all
But parallel

Now I'm walking on downtown
In a town that is not my home
And shopping for breakfast
To be eaten all alone
And dreaming of houses
None of them that I own
But that's not my province
That's not for what I am known
So I gather around me
All the little pieces of a song
And fit them where they belong

So go to your downtown
And bring what you've brought back home
And you never should worry
Your hours will now be as long
As the days that you hurried
And months when it all seemed wrong
And all of the action
Will tumble away with the years
And parallel evenings
And parallel tracks of our tears
And nights of together are where?
So I gather around me
All the little pieces of a song
And fit them where they belong


*******************************************************************
A great song about the troubles of a couple falling out of it. A gripping description, and probably hits home for a lot of us. On one of the many times I've seen Ted Leo/Rx they played a faster heavier rendition of this song that was great, but nothing compares to the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment